With the start of the New Year, you may be thinking of quick and easy ways that you can update your home. If you are looking to start with the master bedroom then you’re in luck, because there are many options that will make the process a breeze. Keep reading to learn some easy tips for revamping your master bedroom.
- Start with a fresh coat of paint. Paint is one of the easiest ways to control whether or not your interior starts to look dated. It’s just a simple way to give your room a makeover and keep it looking clean and modern. You should be repainting every several years or so anyway, so chances are your bedroom could use a new look. The experts at McDonough painters recommend that you try to stick to light, cool shades that will help you unwind and relax at the end of the day before bed.
- Move around your furniture. It might seem silly, but even the slightest change of décor can make a big difference. You don’t necessarily have to push your whole bed to the opposite of the room, just take small steps. If you have an end table, maybe give it a slight shift. Perhaps shift a rug in the opposite direction, or just move a lamp to a different corner. The tiniest alterations can change the look of the space completely.
- Nurse a plant. Not saying you have to bring a tree into your bedroom, but a small plant is an easy way to liven up the space – and can even be beneficial to your health. If you have trouble relaxing or falling asleep, pick up jasmine or lavender – these plants have been proven to give off soothing and relaxing effects.
- Hang pictures above the bed. While you may have your favorite photos saved on your phone or your social media profile, it’s always nice to view those beloved images in print. Head to your local drugstore or superstore and print out your selected pictures from your phone or memory card – maybe alter the color to black and white or sepia for a more dramatic effect – and then pick up some elegant frames to place them in.
- Invest in new bedding. This can sometimes be costly depending on which quality you prefer, but it’s always nice to treat yourself to a new, comfortable set that goes with your bedroom. If you are not looking to replace every piece, maybe just pick up a new duvet cover or some fresh pillow cases. Nothing beats climbing into brand new clean bedding at the end of the day.
Follow these simple suggestions for an easy way to revive your master bedroom.